You will need:
- 125g of soft butter (unsalted in best)
- 3 to 4 cups of sifted icing sugar (use icing mixture if you need your buttercream to set well).
- salt to taste (I use about 5 rounds on a salt grater)
- vanilla bean paste to taste (I use about a teaspoon)
- 4 tablespoons of thickened cream
How to make it:
- Using electric beaters, mix the butter and icing sugar until they are well combined (the icing sugar should dissolve in the butter - similar to creaming butter and sugar).
- Beat in the vanilla bean and salt
- Add the cream* and continue mixing with beaters until well combined (for coloured frosting add your preferred colouring now).
- Transfer into a piping bag and use.If the mixture is a bit too sloppy, just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up.