Hard core cupcakes! (bHash dessert)

Whiskey cupcakes (adults only) & chocolate peanut butter cupcakes (for kids and non-drinkers).

My friends were the bHash hosts this week (bHash is a weekly gathering of mountain bikers… mostly an excuse to share a beer mid-week!). I offered to supply dessert.


Whisky cupcakes:

This was my third time making these cupcakes, see my previous posts for recipe details. I used a combination of single malt whiskey (for a proper whiskey flavour) and a dash of honey bourbon for sweetness (ditto for the frosting). These cakes went down really well. Unfortunately the weather (very humid) and lack of facilities (this week was held in the Humpty Doo Pine Forest) meant that the honey bourbon syrup didn't make it, but the cakes were sweet enough without it.

Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes:

I love peanut butter and I love chocolate so I couldn't wait to try making these cupcakes as the non-alcoholic dessert option for bHash. I used my usual chocolate cupcake recipe for the bases but added some of this delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Topping to the batter:

Reese's Peanut Butter Topping


For the frosting I made a classic butter cream frosting, adding about two tablespoons of the peanut butter topping.


I piped the frosting onto the cakes using a plain round nozzle, adding a chocolate covered peanut as a finishing touch.


chocolate peanut butter cupcakes


All up I made 24 cupcakes. There we no leftovers.

Mountain bikers eating cupcakes - hard core!